“"The P-29er represents all of Ritchey's know-how packaged into a setup designed for out and out speed and comfort.”–What Mountain Bike magazine
“A mix of old-school charm with up to date necessities.”
“Springy when needed, stiff when necessary, and forgiving over the long haul.”
The return of the legendary Ritchey Mountain Bike.
Tom Ritchey applied decades of racing, designing and building steel mountain bikes into the p-29er.
Like any Ritchey, this bike is born to go fast without sacrificing comfort or durability. Heat-treated, triple-butted Ritchey Logic II tubing in our own unique butting profiles results in a frame that balances rough trail compliance with sprint-winning stiffness.
The 29er-specific geometry was defined by the best way we know: countless hours of saddle time under Tom Ritchey, World Cup legend Thomas Frischknecht and other racers. The result: nimble handling that captures the benefits of the big wheels - stable but not sluggish, equally at home on all-day epics or tight, technical singletrack race courses.
- Sizes: S (15”), M (17”), L (19”), XL (21”)
- Fork: Designed for use with 100mm travel forks
- Ritchey forged-and-machined 1.5” tapered head tube
- Headset: Integrated 1.5” tapered
Upper bearing: 41.8mm OD / IS42/28.6 (S.H.I.S.)
Lower bearing: 52mm OD / IS52/40 (S.H.I.S.)
- Bottom Bracket: 68mm English threaded
- Rear spacing: 10x135
- Front derailleur: 28.6 low clamp - top or dual pull (Caution: Front derailleur clamp MAX torque of 2.5Nm)
- Clearance for up to 2.25” tires
- Weight: 2,150g (L/19”, frame only)