WCS Carbon Matrix C220 84D Stem
You really can have it all—the new WCS C220 stem rivals the performance of the revolutionary C260 stem design, but it's quicker and easier to install and remove, thanks to a press-fit handlebar clamp interface and forward-facing hardware.
First proven on the Ritchey TRAIL stem, the C220 handlebar clamp design creates a more secure interface by wrapping a full 220° over the handlebar. Bolt forces are aligned with the clamp so that the stem body 'embraces' the handlebar, which is less prone to damaging lightweight bars. This clamp design allows for a lighter faceplate and stem body with no sacrifice in strength or stiffness.
The Carbon Matrix stem body is forged 7075 aluminum with a stiffness-enhancing carbon exoskeleton which makes this 12% stiffer than the WCS alloy C220 stem. Premium stainless steel black bolts are used throughout.
- 6° of positive or negative rise
- 1-1/8" steerer diameter
- Stem body wraps 220° around bar clamping area, holding it in place for easy installation
- Material: carbon encased 2014 alloy
- Bolts: stainless steel black
- Lengths: 70-130mm
- Angle: 84°/6°
- Bar clamp diameter: 31.8mm
- Bar clamp width: 44.5mm
- Steerer diameter: 1-1/8" (28.6mm)
- Steerer height: 42.5mm
- Color: matte UD carbon finish
- Weight: 126g (110mm)